MX-16 4 Port Multiplexer
The MX-16 is a multiplexer unit that can handle four RS-232/V.24 channels. All four channels support transmission speeds up to 115.2 kbit/s. However the actual data rates possible are dependant on the overall amount of data that is transmitted. The four RS-232/V.24 channels are multiplexed and transmitted over a combined channel which has both RS-232/V.24 and RS-422 interfaces. The MX-16 can be expanded to several layers to give more than four data channels. Westermo do however recommend a maximum of two levels, which gives a total of 16 RS-232/V.24 channels altogether.
- Saves cable and cabling time
- Four RS-232/V.24 interfaces
- Protects connected units from lightning/ transients
- Galvanic isolation
- Speed/format conversion possible
- Guarantees reliable performance and high functionality