RM-240, WLAN Access point and Client
The RM-240 provides reliable and secure high-speed wireless Ethernet connectivity across a broad range of applications in process and automation plants. It is very well suited for connection to PLC’s, HMI, DCS, data acquisition, video devices and industrial PC’s. The RM-240 has an Ethernet port (10/100 BaseT) as well as two serial ports (RS-232 and RS-485) and on-board I/O for local and remote link status, or external status transfer. The RM-240 has been designed and built for demanding industrial applications. A High RF output (100 or 300 mW) and superior receiver sensitivity gives excellent penetration in congested industrial environments, through buildings, factory walls and steelwork. The RM-240 is equipped with Dual SMA coaxial antenna connectors for antenna diversity.The receiver sensitivity will allow a line-of-sight range of 1km using 100 mW (Europe) and 5 km using 300 mW (America).The Repeater functionality can increase the wireless range even further.
- 802.11b WiFi compliant wireless data up to 11 Mb/s
- Temperature range –35°C to 65°C
- Access Point, Client/Station and Repeater
- 10/100 BaseT RJ45, IEEE 802.3 compliant.
- Bridge/router functions for Ethernet protocols
- RS-232 V.24 DCE 1.2 to 115.2 Kb/s
- RS-485 1.2 to 115.2 Kb/s
- On-board I/O for link status or external status transfer.
- 128-bit AES encryption and WEP encryption
- Firewall protection using MAC Address filtering
- Redundancy using automatic changeover at Access Point
- Configuration via web-browser
- Remote configuration via the wireless link.
- Password protected configuration