MD-63 RS-422/485 Fiber Modem
The MD-63 can be used for point to point communication between equipment with RS-422/485 interfaces. Fiber optic cable is completely immune to external interference, which makes this unit ideal for harsh industrial environments. Another reason may be the need for a high level of security as fiber optic cable is very hard to tap. The MD-63 can handle data rates up to 1.5 Mbit/s and is available both in a multi- and single mode fiber version.
- Withstands harsh environments with severe interference
- RS-422/485 interface
- Galvanic isolation
- Compatible with MD-62 to provide RS-422/485 to RS-232/V.24 conversion over fiber.
- Protects connected units from lightning/transients
- Available for multi- and single mode fiber
- Very low delay time through units
- Use to connect equipment on different earth potentials
- Guarantees reliable long-distance communication