MD-62 RS-232 Fiber Modem
The MD-62 can be used for point to point communication between equipment with RS-232/V.24 interfaces. Fiber optic cable is completely immune to external interference, which makes this unit ideal for harsh industrial environments. Another reason may be the need for a high level of security as fiber optic cable is very hard to tap. The MD-62 can handle data rates up to 115.2 kbit/s with status signalling over the fiber and is available in both multi- and single mode fiber versions.
- Withstands harsh environments with severe interference
- RS-232/V.24 interface
- Galvanic isolation
- Status signal
- Compatible with MD-63 to provide RS-232/V.24 to RS-422/485 conversion over fiber.
- Protects connected units from lightning/transients
- Available for multi- and single mode fiber
- Very low delay time through units
- Use to connect equipment on different earth potentials
- Guarantees reliable long-distance communication